MARQUETTE, MI-- NMU’s Center for Academic and Intellectual Freedom is the newest “Oasis of Excellence,” according to the American Council of Trustees and Alumni. The ACTA says the center has been “extremely active in promoting civic dialogue and robust debate for students” through campus presentations. Administered by English professor Gabriel Brahm and faculty advisers, the NMU center is the 68 th member of ACTA’s Oases of Excellence Network of faculty-led, donor-funded programs across the...
- Northern Michigan University center named "Oasis of Excellence"
- Michigan gas prices up 9 cents to $2.92 per gallon
- Bernie Sanders makes campaign stop in Michigan Saturday
- Whitmer administration agrees child protection needs to be fixed
- Nassar survivors to MSU board: Treat all survivors equally
- Mazda issues recall for wipers