HANCOCK, MI-- The Michigan Department of Transportation has approved a $756,136 loan to help repair flood-damaged streets in Hancock. The no-interest loan comes from the Michigan State Infrastructure Bank. The city will receive the funds on a five-year term and will repay it from its general fund. The loan will help Hancock meet its 20 percent match for Federal Highway Administration funds used to repair water-damaged roads. Hancock was among the areas in Houghton County, along with Menominee...
- House and Senate move on criminal justice changes
- GOP lawmakers moving new abortion restrictions
- Report: Michigan traffic deaths dipped below 1,000 last year
- US expands probe into air bag failures to 12.3M vehicles
- National Poetry Month - Dr. Patricia Killelea
- Hancock receives loan for damaged roads