Fire damages robotics annex at LSSU
SAULT STE. MARIE, MI— No injuries are reported, after a fire broke out in a robotics lab at Lake Superior State University.
It was reported Wednesday afternoon at the Center for Applied Science and Engineering Technology. University officials say it apparently started in a piece of equipment in the Robotic Annex, which is next to the Robotics Lab.
No one was in the rooms when the fire started. The flames triggered a door between the lab and the annex to close.
Officials say the Annex was significantly damaged—particularly the robotics and engineering labs.
All classes have been moved out of the building.