Fall 2020 is approaching in the Upper Great Lakes region. With that comes the continued challenges that COVID-19 present; social distancing, sanitizing everything, working from home, starting a new school year virtually, in-person or a hybrid...the list goes on.
Along with those challenges come the need for arts and culture, whether as an escape or as material for learning, enhancing our lives through different mediums of creation. One organization that keeps that mission alive during difficult times is the Bonifas Arts Center in Escanaba.
We spoke with Sue Roll, the Executive Director of the Bonifas, about events, exhibits and education at the Bonifas for September and October of 2020:
- Michigan Back Roads Presentation - Thursday, September 10, 6-8pm
- Wild Life Exhibit Sept. 24—Nov. 5, Artist Reception: September 24, 7-9pm
- Essential Art Lessons for Kids - First Lesson available on demand Sept. 14
- Bake & Be Happy: Making Crostini with Mike Berg - Tues, Sept. 29, 7-8pm, Register by: Sept. 26, In Studio and Zoom
- Fundamentals of Drawing & Painting with Marlene Wood - 8 week series, starting Tuesday, Sept. 29, 3-5pm. In Studio.
- Open Studio Oil Painting / Pastel Chalk Painting with Marlene Wood - 8 week series, starting Tuesday, Sept. 29, 5:30 - 8pm. In Studio.
- The Secrets of Beautiful Bouquets: Fall Flower Arrangements with Dr. David Gafner - Friday, Oct. 2, 5:30 - 7pm. In Studio and Zoom.
For more information about the Bonifas Arts Center, visit bonifasarts.org.