MARQUETTE, MI-- Ten property owners in Marquette’s Downtown District have received grants to improve their building façades.
The Marquette Downtown Development Authority is awarding a total of $323,000. The MDDA received one-time grant funding in the amount of $300,000 through the Michigan Economic Development Corporation's Façade Restoration Initiative pilot program. Marquette was one of three Michigan communities out of 52 applicants to receive funding.
Grant recipients are as follows:
- Be Kind LLC: 601/603 N. Third St.
- Breakers Roadhouse: 149 W. Baraga Ave.
- Great Northern Title & Abstract, Inc.: 155 W. Baraga Ave.
- Pemble Properties LLC: 329 W. Washington St.
- The Preserve: 351 W. Washington St.
- Superior Hearing Aid Center, Inc.: 515 W. Washington St.
- Symbios LLC: 1209 N. Third St.
- Third Base Bar: 726 N. Third St.
- Third Street Bagel: 429 N. Third St.
- Veridea Group LLC: 153 W. Washington St.
DDA officials say the projects will promote pockets of rehabilitation that will enhance and renew their respective neighborhoods.