Nick Lyon

LANSING, MI (AP)--   All remaining criminal charges of city and state officials stemming from the Flint Water Crisis have been dismissed. 

The investigation was started by former Attorney General, Bill Schuette in 2016 after lead contaminated Flint’s drinking water when the city switched its water sources. Earlier this year, new AG Dana Nessel created the Flint Water Crisis prosecution team to handle the multiple pending cases and investigation going forward.

FLINT, MI (AP)--   A judge overseeing a major Flint water case has declined to dismiss a misdemeanor charge against Michigan's former health director. 

Judge Joseph Farah says Michigan court rules prevent him from dismissing a charge of willful neglect of duty at this stage of the case. He says Nick Lyon can renew his argument after evidence is heard at trial.

Any trial would be months away. Lyon also is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the deaths of two people who had Legionnaires' disease during the Flint water crisis.

DETROIT, MI--   Michigan's health director will stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges in the deaths of two men linked to an outbreak of Legionnaires' disease in the Flint area.

Judge David Goggins on Monday ordered Nick Lyon to stand trial. Lyon is accused of failing to issue a timely alert about the outbreak. Some experts have blamed Legionnaires' on Flint's water, which wasn't properly treated when it was drawn from the Flint River in 2014 and 2015.

Goggins found there's probable cause for a trial. The legal standard isn't as high as beyond a reasonable doubt.

LANSING, MI (AP)--   A lawyer says Michigan's top public health official is a target in the criminal investigation of Flint's water crisis.  

Nick Lyon, director of the state Department of Health and Human Services, received a letter in early September from investigators indicating he is a focus, his attorney Larry Willey said Tuesday.

Eight current or former state employees and one Flint worker have been charged in Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette's probe.

DETROIT, MI (AP)--   A judge is taking the remarkable step of ordering a state official to court to explain why Michigan has been cutting off public aid to some people accused of crimes. 

Federal Judge Judith Levy ordered the state in January to stop the practice. But the Department of Health and Human Services says computer difficulties and human error have led to more people being disqualified.

Department director Nick Lyon must report to Levy's Ann Arbor court Friday. He's at risk for being found in contempt.