© 2022 WNMU-FM
background_fid.jpg
Upper Great Lakes News, Music, and Arts & Culture
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Man injured trying to put out car fire

car_fire.jpg

MARQUETTE, MI--   A Marquette resident was injured when his car caught on fire Monday night. 

The Marquette Fire Department was called to 1102 Grant Street around 10:35 p.m. for a reported garage fire. They found a vehicle in a detached garage in flames.

The man who reported the incident had tried to extinguish the fire and suffered burns to his extremities. He was taken to UPHS-Marquette for treatment. His condition is unknown.

Firefighters extinguished the flames with about 400 gallons of water.

No other injuries were reported.

The amount of damage is unknown at this time.

Nicole was born near Detroit but has lived in the U.P. most of her life. She graduated from Marquette Senior High School and attended Michigan State and Northern Michigan Universities, graduating from NMU in 1993 with a degree in English.