LANSING, MI-- A bill to create a Committee on Michigan’s Mining Future has passed the state House. The legislation is sponsored by Representative Sara Cambensy. She says it would make advisory and legislative policy recommendations to strengthen and develop sustainable mining practices while protecting the environment. The committee would consist of 15 members with governor-appointed representatives from various mining operations, local governments, environmental non-profit organizations,...
- Whitmer will not support auto insurance law that doesn’t guarantee medical coverage
- Lawmaker charged with bribery says he will not step down
- Michigan House approves e-cigarette ban for minors
- Michigan unemployment rate edges up to 4.1 % in April
- Reps ask FCC to make broadband maps more accurate
- Cambensy mining bill passes House