LANSING, MI (AP)-- A bill that would lift Michigan’s ban on using bait to hunt deer continues to advance in the Legislature despite Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s opposition. The Republican-led Senate passed the legislation on a mostly 21-14 party-line vote Wednesday, a week after it cleared the Republican-controlled House. Senators made changes to the bill such as restricting the size of bait and revisiting the issue in two years. The state Natural Resources Commission approved the baiting ban in...
- Genre Fluid Friday on Classiclectic: 11/15/19
- Peninsula Performances 11/15/19: Vocalists Kelley O'Connor & Danielle Augsburger
- Suit seeks to block Michigan restrictions on helping voters
- Winter BOW registration open
- New mayor, commissioners take oaths of office in Marquette
- Michigan Senate changes, OKs bill to lift deer-baiting ban