7 UP men arrested in child sex crimes undercover operation
FORSYTH TOWNSHIP, MI— The Marquette County Prosecutor’s Office has issued criminal felony charges against seven individuals as a result of a three-day, multi-agency, undercover operation occurring between 8/17/23 and 8/20/23 in Forsyth Township.
The operation targeted suspects that utilize internet dating and prostitution platforms for underage sex crimes. All suspects that arrived at the operation location were told the age of the decoy officer was 15 years old.
All seven suspects have been charged by the Marquette County Prosecutor’s Office with four charges each:
- Child Sexually Abusive Activity, a 20-year felony
- Using a Computer to Commit a Crime, a 20-year felony
- Accosting a Child for Immoral Purposes, a 4-year felony
- Using a Computer to Commit a Crime, a 7-year felony.
The suspects include:
- a 61-year-old male from Newberry
- a 21-year-old male from Houghton
- a 41-year-old male from Wallace
- an 18-year-old male from Gwinn
- a 26-year-old male from Negaunee
- a 67-year-old male from Sault Ste. Marie
- a 62-year-old male from Skandia
The names of the suspects will be released to the public after each of them have been arraigned in the 96th District Court for the County of Marquette.
The multi-agency task force included: The Marquette County Sheriff’s Office; the Michigan State Police; the Forsyth Township Police; the Marquette City Police; the Genesee Human Oppression Strike Team (GHOST) from Genesee County, Michigan; the Upper Peninsula Substance Enforcement Team (UPSET); and the Michigan Intelligence Operations Center (MIOC).
Journalist Chris Hansen and his crew with the TruBlu crime streaming network imbedded with the operation to film and confront the suspects. The first episode is expected to be available for viewing on 8/24/23 through www.watchtrublu.com or the TruBlu mobile app.