Dryer fire displaces Lake Linden family

Apr 6, 2020

LAKE LINDEN, MI--   A family was displaced by a house fire in Lake Linden Sunday. 

Around 1 p.m. the Houghton County Sheriff’s Department was dispatched to 247 Second Street. They found the source of the fire in a clothes dryer vent that was full of lint. The dryer and vent system were removed from the house.

Smoke had filled the home, forcing a family of seven to spend the night in a local hotel.

The family was screened for smoke inhalation by the Bootjack Fire Department. The Pigs-N-Heat Fire Relief Fund assisted in getting the family housed for the night.