© 2024 WNMU-FM
Upper Great Lakes News, Music, and Arts & Culture
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

No one injured in weekend fire in Marquette

MARQUETTE, MI— A Marquette residence was damaged by fire Saturday.

The Marquette City Fire Department was dispatched at 3:30 p.m. to 1822 Van Evera Avenue and found the front of the home fully involved.

Crews were able to keep a nearby house from catching fire, although it did suffer some heat damage.

None of the house’s four residents were at home at the time of the fire. They’re being assisted by the Pigs-N-Heat Fire Relief Fund.

Several pets reportedly died.

Assisting at the scene were the Marquette Police Department, Marquette Township Fire Department, Chocolay Township Fire Department, UPHS EMS, SEMCO, and the Marquette Board of Light and Power.

Nicole was born near Detroit but has lived in the U.P. most of her life. She graduated from Marquette Senior High School and attended Michigan State and Northern Michigan Universities, graduating from NMU in 1993 with a degree in English.