© 2022 WNMU-FM
background_fid.jpg
Upper Great Lakes News, Music, and Arts & Culture
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations

Dryer fire displaces Lake Linden family

fire_5.jpg

LAKE LINDEN, MI--   A family was displaced by a house fire in Lake Linden Sunday. 

Around 1 p.m. the Houghton County Sheriff’s Department was dispatched to 247 Second Street. They found the source of the fire in a clothes dryer vent that was full of lint. The dryer and vent system were removed from the house.

Smoke had filled the home, forcing a family of seven to spend the night in a local hotel.

The family was screened for smoke inhalation by the Bootjack Fire Department. The Pigs-N-Heat Fire Relief Fund assisted in getting the family housed for the night.

Nicole was born near Detroit but has lived in the U.P. most of her life. She graduated from Marquette Senior High School and attended Michigan State and Northern Michigan Universities, graduating from NMU in 1993 with a degree in English.