A refresh of the ReStore in Harvey
Interview with ReStore director Bob Howe
The Marquette County Habitat for Humanity ReStore is needing volunteers for a refresh.
The ReStore is a nonprofit home improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. They are looking for volunteers for a 4-day project to refresh the space, including removing ceiling tiles, replacing tiles and insulation, moving furniture, and more.
Volunteers can sign up for half or full day shifts (with lunch provided for full days), and safety equipment and tools will be provided. Volunteers should wear long sleeves, pants, and closed-toed shoes.
You can sign up to volunteer at this link or by calling ReStore at 906-249-4416.
Kurt Hauswirth interviewed Bob Howe, director of the ReStore to talk more about the refresh:
Facts about the Marquette County Habitat for Humanity:
- They've helped build 109 homes
- They're building two homes in the summer of 2023
- The Repairs Program helped with over 140 repairs since 2018
- The Ramp Program has been around since 2021
- The ReStore is celebrating 20 years
- The ReStore kept 253 tons out of the landfill in 2022
- There have been 4,236 volunteer hours logged in 2022
Visit mqthabitat.org/restore for more information.