Interview: Jim Berkenstock, Artistic Director of Midsummers Music
Midsummer's Music will present their 29th season of chamber music in the Door County area of Wisconsin. The theme this year is "Mendelssohn, Mozart, and Much, Much More," with music from not only those composers, but also Brahms, Schubert, Schumann and others.
Fun facts about the Midsummer's Music Festival:
- Midsummer's Music is celebrating its 29th festival season with 41 concerts starting June 14th
- Midsummer's Music performs in a wide variety of locations on the Door Peninsula of Wisconsin - art galleries, churches, homes, museums, retreat centers
- Musicians come from the Milwaukee Symphony, the Pro Arte Quartet at UW Madison, the Lyric Opera of Chicago Orchestra, the Madison Symphony Orchestra and more
- Programs feature a combination of masterpieces by famous composers and discovered "forgotten" masterpieces by relatively unknown composers
- Midsummer's 30th anniversary next year will coincide with Beethoven's 250th birthday; his music will be a main theme
More information about the Midsummer's Music Festival can be found at their website.